The body has the capacity to heal itself given the right conditions with naturopathic medicine. Hippocrates said ‘health is the expression of a harmonious balance between various components of mans nature, the environment and ways of life – nature is the physician of disease’.
The principles of Naturopathy
- The healing power of nature – nature has the innate ability to heal
- Identify and treat the cause – there is always an underlying cause, be it physical, mental or emotional.
- Do no harm – a naturopath will never use treatments that may create other conditions.
- Treat the whole person – when preparing a treatment plan, all aspects of a persons being are taken into consideration.
- The physician is a teacher – a Naturopath empowers the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health by teaching self-care.
- Prevention is better than cure – a Naturopath may remove toxic substances and situations from a patient’s lifestyle to prevent the onset of further disease.